The Master of Arts in Psychology (M.A. in Psychology) is a Two-Year (4 Semester) Full-Time programme that provides an opportunity for students in the field of Psychology to pursue higher education and undertake advanced coursework and research. The course offers excellent career prospects in terms of advancement of knowledge and qualification and ultimately making them qualified professional and better researchers.
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
The M.A. (Psychology) programme aims at producing a team of well-trained individuals knowledgeable in psychology & its various sub-domains. More specifically, the M.A. (Psychology) programme intends to:
1) demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology;
2) understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation;
3) use critical and creative thinking, sceptical inquiry, and, when possible, the scientific approach to solve problems related to behaviour and mental processes;
4) apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues;
5) recognize, understand, and respect the complexity of sociocultural and international diversity;
6) weigh evidence, tolerate ambiguity, act ethically, and reflect other values that are the underpinnings of psychology as a discipline;
7) communicate effectively, demonstrate information competence and the ability to use computers and other technology for many purposes;
A candidate seeking admission to regular M.A. (Psychology) Programme must have passed final year of Bachelor’s Degree Examination (10+2+3 pattern) from a recognized University/Institution with at least 40% aggregate marks (36% for SC/ST candidates).
A student shall be eligible for End-Semester Examination if he/she has attended not less than 75% of the lectures delivered in each course separately in Theory including seminars, tutorials etc. and successfully completed Field work/Internship (if any).
The Syllabus and Courses of study in the M.A. (Psychology) programme are as prescribed by the College from time to time and governed by its regulations/statutes. The M.A. (Psychology) programme is of Two Years duration and is divided into four semesters. The candidate has to complete the course with all the components (Theory as well as Internship) in a maximum period of four years from the date of admission to the course.
The candidates admitted to the M.A. (Psychology) Programme are required to deposit fee and other charges as prescribed by the college, the details of which can be had from the admissions office. Difference in amount if any will have to be paid as and when demanded by the college authorities. The fee for M.A. in Psychology Programme is Rs. 61,000/- per annum. Fees and other charges are subject to revision every year.