MIER College of Education offers a One Year Diploma in Guidance and Counselling (2 Semesters) to familiarize Professionals/Teachers with the skills and qualities of an effective counsellor. Learning about Guidance and Counselling will help them to improve everyday functioning by helping people solve problems on daily basis and cope more effectively with changing situations. The programme is useful in developing highly trained individuals as counsellors who are able to use a different range of counselling skills and capabilities with their clients/students. The course is aptly relevant as every organization whether Government or Private need counsellors to handle various concerns of human behaviour in different contexts. The intake capacity of the course shall be 40 or as prescribed by the competent authority from time to time. A diploma shall be awarded by the college after the assessment of participants through non formal techniques namely group discussions, presentations, assignments, viva-voce and practicum.
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
1) To make all professionals/ teachers to have genuine concern about human behaviour and its many manifestations and modify it to help the individuals to help themselves.
2) To develop knowledge and understanding of various psychological disorders among clients/students.
3) To enable the learners to understand different areas of counselling vis-à-vis personal, social and vocational needs of clients/ students.
4) To familiarize learners with the skills and qualities of an effective counsellor.
5) To develop skills in administering, scoring, analyzing and interpreting the data of psychological tests for research-based outcomes on clients/students.
Minimum Qualification for the above programme is graduation in any subject. Candidates pursuing Post Graduation/B.Ed/B.Ed. Spl Education/M.Ed. courses/In service Teachers working in Govt. and private sector / Special Educators working in Samagra Shiksha Scheme of the Govt. can also apply.
Assessment of participants shall be done through non formal techniques namely group discussions, presentations, assignments, viva-voce and practicums.
The students are required to attend regular interactive classes at the institute twice a week on scheduled days. Each student is also required to actively participate in practical and extension activities, group discussions, field visits and allied activities. Out station students are required to make their own arrangements for their boarding and lodging. Hostel accommodation for female candidates can be made available on payment basis, if seats are available in the college hostel located in MIER campus.
The candidates admitted to the course are required to deposit fee and other charges as prescribed by the college, the details of which can be had from the admissions office. Difference in amount if any will have to be paid as and when demanded by the college authorities. The Total Fee for the course is Rs.25,000/-per annum.